Revolutionary low-cost, light-weight, polyethylene conveyor cover
Features and Benefits:
- Easy access to the belt
- Easily assembled
- Reduces pollution
- Long lasting
- Cost effective
Better Do the Right Thing!
Beltcover, Gough Plastics' unique conveyor belt cover system, not only keeps your material in and the weather out, it saves you time and money. With new occupational health and safety regulations coming into effect in various locations around Australia, it is now essential for industries to cover their loads. So we invite you to come undercover for a better look…
Beltcover is the first product of its kind ever to be built solely for the purpose of covering conveyor belts. The moulded sections are made from polyethylene that’s tough, durable and extremely long lasting. It has qualities that are far superior to corrugated iron and other alternatives that have been tried over the years. Beltcover is cost effective, especially in the long run. Once installed, downtime for servicing is minimized due to its easy access features.
There are two styles to choose from, depending on your needs:
- An all-weather ‘roof’
- An on-belt containment
Side Covers for wind protection and SpillTrays for preventing dangerous roll-back spill are available in varying sizes on request.
Better for You
Beltcover is the perfect cover for any application where increasingly stringent environmental regulations for noise, corrosion and dust control are in effect.
- The on-belt version promotes a cleaner, healthier environment by containing dust and fibres and reducing pollution.
- The all-weather roof keeps the environment at bay – come rain, wind or cyclone, your product stays put and stays dry.
- People’s exposure to potentially harmful dust and fibres in the air is greatly reduced.
- It also reduces noise pollution.
Beltcover’s modular design offers ultimate flexibility when it comes to fitting and maintenance. The modular sections have an effective length of 2m or 1.77m, with a model to suit the required belt or stringer width. Upgrades to the range now include 500mm bracket spacings to make fabrication and installation so much easier. The light-weight sections are easily maneuverable for convenient installation. Individual sections can also be cut to shorter lengths.
The covers can be easily retrofitted to your existing conveyor but the best option is to design them in from the start. For special applications, Beltcover can be custom-made to whatever specifications you require. Plastic Fabrication is also available.
- Beltcovers for belts in the 600-750mm range are only 25kg with our largest Beltcover for a belt size of 1800-2000mm weighing only 70kg, so they are easily opened by one or two people.
- A moulded, hinged system allows for easy installation and removal for maintenance. No more cranes or strains.
- Access to the belt is an easy, one-person, ‘flip-top’ operation from the side.
Made to Fit Your Schedule
As a rough guide, approximately 100m per day can be fitted with ground level access. Covers are delivered on site pallatized for ease of unloading and postitioning until ready to install.
Beltcover is designed to withstand the harshest environments.
- Engineered to withstand wind load forces in accordance with AS1170.2 Severe Tropical Cyclones in Regions C and D, Terrain Category 1 (fully exposed terrain: at sea edge) up to a height of 30m above ground.
- UV8 ASTM 2565.
- Installation design assistance available. DXF, DWG files provided on request.
- There’s a choice of colours for architectural or environmental reasons.
- Your company logo can be moulded into the cover during manufacture for clear and permanent display.
- Smooth, clean lines.
Better Show Me the Proof!
Darwin Port Authority:
The Darwin Port Authority have installed 4123 metres of medium, all-weather Beltcover at wharf loading facilities in the Darwin Harbour. The system carries a number of products such as lead, zinc and copper concentrate. All covers were fitted in situ to the existing system.
Beltcover has been introduced to their system to help provide protection to the surrounding environment and to protect the products being conveyed from the extreme external elements in this part of Australia.
Incitec Gibson Island Plant, Brisbane:
The Beltcover at Incitec is medium black to suit a 750mm wide system carrying fertiliser to the ship loading facility on site. The initial set up of units installed measured 120m in length, with another 100m since installed.
Incitec have installed the new polyethylene Beltcover which will protect their product range from the outside elements during transportation. No more corrosion problems and easy accessibility for maintenance.
Once our customers use Beltcover they keep buying more!
Ask us about Overlander Covers - unique design, simple installation, very cost effective.